Staff information, stats and prediction forward of Chelsea vs Leeds within the Premier League on Saturday; kick-off 3pm.
Jorginho will play by way of the ache of a again drawback to ease Chelsea’s midfield harm points in Saturday’s Premier League conflict with Leeds.
Mateo Kovacic continues isolation after testing optimistic for Covid-19, whereas N’Golo Kante might make a tentative return to coaching subsequent week after knee bother however won’t characteristic at Stamford Bridge this weekend.
Trevoh Chalobah (hamstring) and Ben Chilwell (knee) may also be lacking.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel confirmed that Jorginho’s availability will permit Reece James the prospect to shift again to his common proper wing-back function.
“Reecey will begin as a wing-back, and we are going to discover different formations elsewhere,” mentioned Tuchel. “If one thing ought to occur to Jorgi for instance on the lodge earlier than tomorrow then we would wish an answer, so we needed to see Reece there in actual life and to attempt Saul in a brand new place as properly. However there is no want tomorrow to attempt these items.”
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa is going through as much as an harm disaster of his personal after dropping three gamers in final week’s draw with Brentford.
Kalvin Phillips, Liam Cooper and Patrick Bamford all sustained hamstring accidents within the fixture and are anticipated to be sidelined for quite a lot of weeks.
Rodrigo can be anticipated to be absent with a heel harm, whereas Robin Koch won’t be rushed again from the pelvic challenge which has dominated him out since September.
The right way to observe
Observe Chelsea vs Leeds in our devoted dwell match weblog. Highlights may also be printed on the Sky Sports activities digital platforms and the Sky Sports activities Soccer YouTube channel from 5.15pm on Saturday.
Chelsea had conceded a league-low 4 targets from 12 video games earlier than going through Manchester United final month however have shipped 5 in three because the 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge – and three at Zenit in midweek. Their a lot talked about – properly, on this column anyway – defensive overperformance is now regressing to a extra life like determine.
They’re approaching a crossroads of their season. Is it only a blip? Or will the drop from their insanely excessive ranges permit Liverpool and Manchester Metropolis to stride clear and do battle for the Premier League title? We’ll know extra after the Christmas interval.
What’s of their favour right here is the opponent – and extra importantly, who’s lacking for his or her opponent. Leeds have misplaced 9 of their 13 matches with out Kalvin Phillips. It is a win share that drops from 45 per cent with him within the staff to 23 per cent with out.
Plus, Leeds’ model notoriously leaves them very weak to high quality people and targets may be anticipated once they play a top-eight facet. All of their 10 away video games towards groups that completed within the top-eight since they had been promoted have seen over 2.5 targets, at a mean of 4.6 targets per 90 minutes. In these 10 fixtures, Leeds have conceded a mixed anticipated targets determine of 24.98, just below 2.5 targets per 90 minutes. A Chelsea victory in a goal-filled sport is the play.
SCORE PREDICTION: 3-1
BETTING ANGLE: Chelsea to win and over 3.5 goals (2/1 with Sky Bet)
- Chelsea have received their final 4 residence league video games towards Leeds – they’ve by no means received 5 in a row towards them at Stamford Bridge.
- Leeds are winless of their final six conferences with Chelsea in all competitions (D2 L4), since a 2-Zero residence win in December 2002.
- Chelsea conceded greater than twice for simply the second time in 34 Premier League video games below Thomas Tuchel of their 3-2 loss at West Ham final outing. In actual fact, the Blues have conceded extra targets of their final three Premier League video games (5) than they’d of their first 12 mixed this season (4).
- Leeds have received simply two of their final 32 away matches in London in all competitions (D7 L23) and have misplaced two of their final three video games when scoring first within the capital: towards Chelsea final December and Spurs in November (received 2-1 within the different vs Fulham).
- Each Chelsea and Leeds have scored a joint league-high three targets within the 90th minute of Premier League video games this season; Chelsea’s three have put the gloss on already received video games for them, whereas Leeds’ three have both been successful (1) or equalising (2) strikes.
- Mason Mount has each scored and assisted a objective in three of his final 4 Premier League begins for Chelsea, with the English midfielder scoring 5 and helping three in these video games. Mount has essentially the most league targets (9) and assists (6) of any Chelsea participant below Thomas Tuchel.
- Raphinha has scored six of Leeds’ 15 Premier League targets this season, with no different participant on the membership netting greater than twice to this point this time period. His six targets have been value seven factors to the Whites, with solely Jamie Vardy’s strikes being extra helpful to his facet this season (8).
Alice Piper is joined by Sky Sports activities soccer journalists Ron Walker, Charlotte Marsh and Ben Grounds to look forward to the Premier League weekend.
PART 1 | Ralf Rangnick’s begin at Manchester United goes below the microscope forward of their journey to Norwich. Plus, Steven Gerrard goes again to Anfield for the primary time as a supervisor, when Aston Villa face Liverpool. We take a look at his begin within the Midlands and that romantic return.
PART 2 | Leicester host Newcastle on Sunday, with Eddie Howe seeking to land back-to-back wins for the Magpies. We assess their probabilities of doing that. Plus, after Everton’s last-gasp win over Arsenal, we construct as much as their Tremendous Sunday conflict with Crystal Palace and debate what Rafa Benitez should do to construct on that victory.
PART 3 | We preview the Friday Evening Soccer conflict between Brentford and Watford, which begins a pivotal run of video games for Claudio Ranieri’s facet, and in addition check out Chelsea’s current drop in type.